UPSC General Studies- I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the world and Society.
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literatureand Architecture from ancient tomodern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present,significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from the country.
- Post-independence consolidationand reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars,redrawal of national boundaries,colonisation, decolonization,political philosophies like communism,capitalism, socialism etc.- theirforms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society,Diversity of India.Role of women and women’sorganization, population andassociated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanisation, their problems and their remedies.Effects of globalization on Indian society Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography. Distribution of key natural resources across the world(including South Asia and theIndian sub-continent)
- Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts ofthe world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami,Volcanic activity, cyclone etc.,geographical features and their location- changes in critical geo-graphical features (including water-bodies and icecaps) and inflora and fauna and the effects ofsuch changes.